How to apply?
The next program will start in October 2017. Applications should be submitted by 1 June 2017.
Please submit all required documents to the following address:
The application form can be downloaded here:
- A higher education university entrance qualification (for German universities)
- A motivation letter (1-2 pages)
- English language proficiency
- TOEFL (internet-based: 79 / computer-based: 213 / paper-based: 550)
- IELTS (band 6)
- TOEIC (750 points / B2)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (with your complete school/college/university history)
- 1 ID photo
- Copy of identity card or passport
- A proof of health insurance
- A proof of financial resources (approx. 680 Euros per month)
Higher education entrance qualification - Important Information
To apply, you need a higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung, or HZB). In Germany, the most common form of the HZB is the certificate of general higher education entrance qualification, or Abitur.
A foreign HZB typically consists of the school diploma earned in the applicant‘s home country or a combination of a higher education admission exam, school diploma and years of postsecondary study. If you do not have a German HZB, you should check whether your prior education allows you to enter higher education in Germany in the first place and whether you can start your studies right away or need to take an assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung) first.
You can find this information in the anabin database (www.anabin.kmk.org), under “Schulabschlüsse mit Hochschulzugang.” This database will not only tell you whether you have direct access, but also whether you are permitted to study any subject or have subject-specific access.
For an English version, see www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/voraussetzungen/en/6017-admission-requirements/